So I got a job. I work as a maid for a local cleaning company.

Working there is the hardest thing I have ever done. It challenges me physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. It also strengthens me physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally, it's just not easy. I was in training for two weeks and now I have been on my own for two weeks. The good thing is that I'm making twice as much as I would be at any minimum wage job.
Some days I work with one other girl. Some days I work by myself. There are good and bad parts to both of those.... But I prefer working with another person. Sadly it doesn't always work that way.
Here's the other maids I have worked with so far...
First, my favorite. This girl is just super friendly. I LOOOVE her. She has a screwed up life. She smokes like a chimney. But she is so so sweet. And she cleans so fast I love working with her. Plus she saved my life on my first day out of training. That was such a bad day.
Then there's the chick who told me alllll about her chlamydia. I'm traumatized for life. Like, does she actually think we're bff's or does she just share her business with everyone??
I worked with a freak show. She smokes. She doesn't unroll her windows. She's not nice. She has 7 kids and she's 26. I hate working with her.
I also worked with freak show's sister. The day I worked with her we did 4 empty apartments and then picked up 6 corporate cleans.... In other words, the day ended with me crying and I was so tired I could hardly move. After I left she picked up 3 more corporates. I don't know how she does it...
There's this one girl that is so hard to work with.... She is rude and she is so ghetto I literally can't understand a word out of her mouth... I recorded her talking on my phone and sent it to a bunch of people... HA HA HA. No one knew what she was saying. It was the most awkward day ever. She kept talking but I didn't know what she was saying at all... I heard her say, "mah fathuh" and, "he done took hi las breath evuh." And she told me about her "brutha bein murderd an all by da stupi-A fren dat led 'im to da ba alley......" So sad. But she didn't like me cause I didn't know most of what she was saying. It was a long day. Ghetto-Cajun accent is what that's called.
I worked with a girl who was being really rude like right from the start of the day. Let's call her Meanie. And we drove separately, which was fine with me. She smokes and is mean so why would I drive with her? When we left she said, "you better keep up with me". So I followed as best I could. When we got to the exit, as she pulled off there was a whole bunch of cops motioning for random people to pull over. Meanie was one of them. I didn't know where we were going so I pulled over behind Meanie and a cop came up to my window and said, "um, can I help you?" I said, "I'm with her and I don't know where we are going." He said, "Okay, I'll try to be fast." Hahaha so Meanie got a ticket for not having an inspection sticker in her window. (Neither do I, but they don't have them in Washington and the car isn't registered here.) SO she was pretty ticked that she got a ticket but I didn't. Well we got to the apartments and we both parked under signs that said, "resident parking." When we were done cleaning we came out and Meanie had a huge orange parking ticket on her window and I didn't! When Meanie saw it she said, "Why the @#$%! didn't you get one?" She was pretty mad again. But I felt very blessed!
I can't wait for the summer to be over... I really can't.
Okay well I'm tired. And I have work tomorrow :(...... I'll add more funny things as they come up.
*Does anyone know this song? Haha
3 comments:
hahaah that last girl sounded so funny i cant believe she got all the tickets thats so funny hahaha and i wanna hear that girl talkin!
Oh baby cakes you DO work hard! I love you and I am so proud of you!
lol you crack me up! so ghetto-cajun huh? is that the official language? hehe that is so flippin funny about the tickets! you lucked out girl! maybe since your plates said washington they thought you wouldn't know the rules about "resident parking"? lol 2 tickets in one day- no wonder she is a meanie- what a cool family to be working with :) hehe
Post a Comment