Friday, September 10, 2010

i made it!

It has been such a crazy month! and it's only half over!

Anyone who reads this also reads my mom's blog so I'll just let y'all go there to read about me getting here and set up.

My roommates! Meagan, Aimee (we share a room), me, and Sasha!
So I started out taking 16 credits but just had to drop my American Foundations class. Everyone in there was older and more opinionated and ready for the class than I was. The teacher was intimidating and it was just a hard scary class. So now I'm taking 13 credits. There's still so much homework I feel like I'm never completely on top of everything. But it'll get better, right? :)

So my first weekend here was my birthday weekend. I felt so lucky and loved I got a bunch of letters and packages from family and friends. My aunt Trina's sister Tisha came by and brought me a cake and balloons and snickers from my mom. It was so fun to see her and so nice of her to do that!

Delicious!
From my family!

My first bff Brooke Taylor took me to the Cocoa Bean for my birthday! It's only the yummiest place in the world. They have amazing cupcakes and lemonades! Brooke is such a good friend and lifesaver. She's helped me settle here so much!! I love her!

For my birthday I got to go to Idaho Falls with Jake Cromwell! We had such a fun day!! We went horseback riding, swimming, then to a demolition derby! His mom made us such yummy food and dessert too! I was so spoiled the whole weekend. I had so much fun!

Jake and I! :)
Horseback riding is so much fun. So! Much! Fun! I rode their horse Shade.
Jake and I on the horses!
It was such an awesome weekend. Jake and his family made sure I had a great time there. :)

This weekend I went up to Bear Lake with the Cromwells! Another super fun weekend!
This is the view of the lake form their mountain cabin. Super pretty!
Jake and I went 4 wheeling with his mom, dad, and older brother Adam then we went to their lake cabin and got it all closed and ready for winter. When we were done we went back to the mountain cabin and watched The Kid and Nacho Libre or something... Both were funny but I liked The Kid better haha. After that Jake and his little brother Tyson and I went 4 wheeling again. This time I remembered my camera!

This is what we were driving through. It was amazing!

There was a beautiful view of the lake once we got up higher on the mountain.

Another pretty view we found.


I loved all the colors so much! Louisiana is just green all year. Which is also pretty... But this was gorgeous!
Sunset.
It was amazing.


Before it got dark we went to this place that had some hills and jumps! I didn't get a recording of Jake and I going over this jump but here's Tyson going over it! He did it three times and of course the third one was the highest and that's the one I didn't catch.


8 comments:

Sant Family said...

You've had so much fun since you got there! I am so glad that you had a great birthday! We missed you! I am glad you posted about Tisha. I need to finish her thank you note! I love all the fall pictures! Love you!
<3 Mom

Kent said...

Rachel it looks and sounds like you are having a great time. Good luck with the school work. You notice the word "work" goes along with the word school.

You will do great.
Later. Love you.

Reno 411 said...

O.K. So I am DYING to know who Jake is. He's cute and it looks like you had a great birthday. I hope all is well. I think the horse back riding and four wheeling look SO fun.

Jean said...

It's great to see you're having so much fun at school! Thanks for sharing all the pics, I love seeing all the fun you're having! Has it turned cold there yet?

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a good time you have had since you got there. Thank you for sharing your experiences and pictures. You certainly went the right place. How did you meet Jake? We love you.

Unknown said...

Rachel!! Looks like fun!! Enjoy the journey! Lance got home and it's been great and very busy! I love those fall colors on the way to bear lake. Love ya, Kathryn

Shelli said...

Oh, and sorry, but I can't seem to get to your mom's blog anymore!! What is her blog address?

Jake and Rachel said...

thanks everyone! :)

she switched to a new blog its
http://its-santastic.blogspot.com/

:)