Friday, February 4, 2011

update! 1/22-1/31

Two weekends ago Jake and I drove down to Utah and stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Hathaway's house for the weekend! I am so lucky that Jake is willing to drive me there to see my family whenever I want. He's a sweetheart! So on Saturday morning we went to my cousin Julie's house for breakfast! I was SO THRILLED to be able to see her and her cute family because I haven't seen her since she was engaged and now she's not only married but has a kid! And Jake hadn't met any of the Sant side of my family yet so I was happy that he finally could :). Julie and Tyson were so awesome they made us a delicious breakfast and we talked and talked and then went downstairs and played pool and talked some more! :) I got to love on Abby as much as I wanted. She's such a happy fun little girl! She adorable!

Abby and I :)

Julie and I! :)

The boys Tyson, Jake, and Ben playing pool!
All of us had a ton of fun, thanks Julie! :)

When we left their house we went to my great Aunt Marilynn's house for a family luncheon for Logan. It's always fun to see family who I don't get to see very often. The teens all went downstairs and made the boys sit through Mammamia :) Heidyn, Destry, and I all love that movie, and that's all that matters, right?? Haha I have to admit I was a little bummed that Jake was so bored by it! I think it's a great movie to watch and sing along with. :)

I didn't take and pics at Marilynn's.... I don't know what I was thinking!

The next day we went to church with Logan and watched him give his farewell talk. He did a great job! After that Ben, Jake, and I went to Uncle Hugh's house for some food. I'm so proud of Logan and his decision to serve a mission. He is doing to be great!

Jake and I at Uncle Hugh's house

Ben, Logo, and I. We just need Heidyn in this picture and it would be like it's always is! The four of us are so close.

Logo and I. I'm gonna miss this guy!!

The next weekend on Friday my friend from Washington, Megan Vogitlander, came over! Besides Ben Pugh she's the first person from Washington that I have hung out with since moving!! It was awesome. But I was a failure and didn't take a picture!!! :( But she was here and we had a blast talking and catching up on everything. Then we watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean and then she went home. My roommates and I watched the second one and slept out in our livingroom.

The four of us, Rachael Bennett, Aimee Philips, and Dani Chapman and I!

On a tangent, I really like my roommates this semester! Aimee and I roomed together last semester and decided to stay roommates this semester. We have a few differences... But we get along :). Rachael is SHY and NAIVE. She is good to have around. Dani is HILARIOUS. I'm really glad she's here. She is so funny and inappropriate (haha) and I adore her. She cooks and bakes yummy food an braids my hair like every day and she is super witty and awesome.

Dani and I!

Jake and I spent Saturday in Idaho Falls. We went snowmobiling through the mountains he lives in. It was such fun!!!! And while we were out we went to the campground that his family kind of made for the summertime and we found a HUGE porcupine!

The beastly porcupine!

About to head out!

Jake was trying to teach me how to get some air when I get to the top of a steep hill! I think the best I did was like a foot and a half.... Not too impressive but that's fun enough for me. :)

On Monday for FHE we did a couple games from Whose Line is it Anyway? It turned out way awesome and funny!
Mike and Aimee did one where they were two girls getting ready for prom and they had to pick up a line on one of the papers on the ground and say it in the sentence they were in the middle of... it was hilarious they were so freakin funny!

This is our FHE dad Austen, our FHE mom Julia (Mike's girlfriend... Mike is the guy in the picture above. And I just want to point out that I so called that they would be dating the first time I went to FHE. I was right! Lol.), and my FHE mom from last semester, Melanie! These three were doing one where there was a bachelor (not pictured but he was played by our FHE brother Christoff who is from France. He speaks French and it's cool.) and he had to ask the other three dating questions and guess who the other three were... Like Melanie was a girl with tourettes, Julia was a drag queen, and Austen was a cheerleader.... So I'm terrible at explaining it... But trust me it was funny. And after asking everyone two questions each he guessed what everyone! Well I think he guessed that Julia was a Vegas Hooker... HAHA. But he got the other two right! It was so hilarious!

My awesome Mammamia sent me a box with Valentine decorations and cupcake decorations! I have a picture of the decorations for the apartment and when it gets closer to Vday we'll make cupcakes and I'll put up pics of them! Cause the sprinkles and everything for them are SO cute. I'm excited. :)
These blocks are super adorable! They say xoxo, kiss, love, and hugs! and that mailbox had yummy smarties and bubbles in it! Of course I'll also have to put up pics of us blowing the bubbles and seeing how many we can fill the apartment with :) haha. Thank you mom!!

5 comments:

Sant Family said...

So much fun! I love that you and Jake are matchy matchy at Logan's farewell! You totally did rock the snowmobiling. And good job staying away from those meanie trees that jump out and attack you.

That porcupine looks ... skeery. Oh, did I tell you we have two raccoons living in our backyard. They love each other.

I am glad that your FHE group is awesome. They have a lot to live up to, considering the FHE group you had for your first 19 years. haha

And be sure to decorate that mailbox and take a pic of the cupcake toppers.

Which reminds me ... I want icecream.

Love you so much and totally miss you and Rexburg needs to be about 3 days closer, Momsy

B said...

I'm glad you're having a good semester! And why didn't you tell me you had a French FHE brother? I want to meet him!

Jake and Rachel said...

brooke- he just got his mission call.... but hes going somewhere in canada and he'll be learning some sorta chinese... mandarin chinese.... or am i just craving mandarin oranges... not sure. but cool huh?!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

rachel! so awesome! i love all your fun! and seeing julie.... now where have i seen those pictures before?? i agree with momsy- you need to be about 3 days closer! i'll letcha know next time we are in utah- maybe you guys can come down! so sad the reunion is off this summer :(

Sister Heather Salmond said...

Its sounds like you have very exciting weekends: going to see family, farewells, and movies! That is really awesome though! I haven't seen Julie in forever either and had no clue she had a baby already. Wow! Time flies.
Also, I am seeing a lot about this Jake kid. He seems really nice. I hope I will get to meet him sometime. :)
Well, I am glad to hear from you and its tons of fun to read your blog. Although I don't see you much, I think this is a great way so I can still feel close to you an your family. See you soon I hope!