Jake's super cute and sweet sister in law, Jennie, found this dining room set somewhere for only $100. It was originally $250 or something but I guess the chairs were wobbly and so they lowered the price. Jake's dad fixed the chairs for us and they are super sturdy now!
We also got a couch! FOR FREE! Jake's apartment complex was throwing them away and getting new ones put in so he asked if he could just keep his. They said yes and now we have a couch. Of course, I'm a little grossed out to think that sweaty guys have been playing video games and stuffing their faces on it for the last ten years... ;) But it's a free couch and it's super comfy AND it matches our chairs! So I really like it a lot.
One of the beams underneath was broken or cracked or something.... No biggie! Jake and his dad can fix it! Haha. So they fixed that and we vacuumed the couch down really well and now it's good as new.
3 comments:
Those are some seriously mad skills that we will pay off (literally) in the future! You guys are going to be those kind of people that find broken stuff and fix it and make it awesome and everyone is like, "I saw that at Pottery Barn for $800." And you and Jake high five because you got it for $40 plus time.
Matchy first furniture?! Unbelievably lucky!
XOXOX, Momsy
GREAT table! Enjoy!!
omg that table is beautiful! and the couch too! super lucky!
Post a Comment